Grants and AwardsHana Diatalevi, 2019-2020 Award Recipient for EA Cultures Major
The following merit-based scholarships and awards are open to majors in Chinese, Japanese, Korean and East Asian Cultures.
Application Dates: November 2 - December 31, 2020
Notification: The 21-22 recipients will be notified in late July 2021
Prospective Students (Freshman and Transfer Students): January 4 – February 28, 2021
* Ching-Suei Su ScholarshipMerit-based scholarship for an undergraduate student in the following majors: Asian-American Studies, East Asian Cultures, Korean Literature and Culture, Chinese Studies or Japanese Language and Literature.
• Undergraduate student
• Minimum 3.3 cumulative GPA
• Record of campus or community service
• Sophomores or Juniors (junior or senior status at the start of next academic year).
• Declared major in Asian-American Studies, East Asian Cultures, Korean Literature and Culture, Chinese Studies or Japanese Language and Literature
* Humanities Associates EndowmentScholarship to support meritorious undergraduate students majoring in the Humanities Language & Literature's department.
- Full-time undergraduate student from the School of Humanities
- Majoring in Chinese Studies, Greek or Latin Language, French, German Studies, Japanese Language and Literature, Korean Literature and Culture, or Spanish
- Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
* Jao Award in Asian StudiesEligibility Requirements
• Undergraduate student from the School of Humanities
• Majoring in Pacific Rim Studies, East Asian Language and Literature, Asian Studies or Asian American studies (including, but not limited to history, commerce/business and politics).
• Minimum 3.0 cumulative GPA
• Preference for students with interest in business management