National Slavic Honor Society
Dobro Slovo serves as a means for recognizing academic excellence in the study of Slavic languages, literature, history and culture. There are over 130 local chapters with a total membership of over 6,200. UC Irvine’s chapter of Dobro Slovo invites you to join and to show your interest in Slavic studies.
a) The student must have completed two years (six courses) of study of Slavic languages, literature, history and culture or related subjects with a minimum average grade point of 3.3.
b) The student must have a minimum overall grade point average of 2.7.
c) The student must indicate an active and continuing interest in Slavic languages, literature, history and culture or related fields.
- National recognition for academic excellence
- Personalized membership card
- Membership certificate
- A society pin
- Honors at Graduate (Blue Honor’s Cord)
UC Irvine will be holding its initiation ceremony in June. Students interested in applying for this honor society must:
- Fill out the application. You can obtain a copy of the application in the Program of Russian Studies.
- Include a check for 25 dollars made payable to Dobro Slovo. This fee goes directly to the honor society.
- Include an unofficial transcript. Please highlight the courses related to Slavic Studies.
- Turn these three items into Lora Mjolsness or the Program in Russia Studies in HOB2 by Spring Quarter, end of week one.
For more information please contact, Lora Mjolsness, the UC Irvine’s Dobro Slovo Chapter Advisor at firstname.lastname@example.org