Deadline January 2nd
Requests for application materials can be emailed to Courtney Hemenway (email@example.com), Graduate Program Coordinator. The Graduate Program Director for the Graduate Program is Professor Jacobo Sefami firstname.lastname@example.org
On-Line Application website: http://www.grad.uci.edu/admissions
The following items are also required:
- Application Fee – This payment must be paid by credit card only; checks will no longer be accepted.
- Personal History Statement – This will be required by all students.
- Transcripts – Applicants must upload unofficial transcripts for all institutions attended since high school. If an applicant is admitted, official transcripts will be requested only from the institution(s) where a degree was earned and we will direct them to mail it to the Graduate Division office.
- If your transcripts are in a language other than English, an official translated copy must be submitted.
- 3 Letters of Recommendation – Letters must be uploaded digitally; paper LORs will not be accepted.
- All applicants whose primary language is not English are required to demonstrate proficiency in English for admission consideration. However, this requirement will be waived automatically for applicants who have received an advanced degree from an accredited U.S. college or university. Proficiency in English may be demonstrated by passing one of two standardized, internationally administered tests: TOEFL (the Test of English as a Foreign Language); or IELTS (International English Language Testing System). The applicant should take one of these tests at the earliest available date to ensure that the scores are reported in time to meet application deadlines.
- A minimum seven (7) page sample of work written in Spanish that a) demonstrates original critical perspective, b) develop a coherent line of argument, c) demonstrate the ability to organize paper properly, and d) possess appropriate research skill for primary and secondary sources.
- All graduate applicants, except those who have earned an undergraduate degree from an institution at which English was the sole language of instruction according to the World Higher Education Database, are required to demonstrate English proficiency for admissions consideration. Please consult the Graduate Division https://grad.uci.edu/admissions/applying-to-uci/english-proficiency.php website for more information.