UC Irvine Add and Drop Policies
Students may DROP or ADD a course through 5:00 p.m. on Friday of the second week of classes.
- YOU – not faculty or staff – must initiate all adds/drops/changes to your class schedule, transcript, etc.
- Do not expect to be automatically dropped from a class for failure to attend.
- Be sure to check your Study List before the end of Week 2 to ensure it is correct.
The instructor of the class as well as the academic unit in which the course is offered may specify a different deadline. As deadlines can differ in each of your courses, read the course syllabus carefully and make sure you understand the policies outlined.
An exception to the above policies may only be requested for extenuating and documented circumstances outside the student's control.
Requests will NOT be considered if submitted for any of the following reasons:
- The student did not know the deadlines, or did not understand the Add/Drop process
- The course is not required to meet Major, School, or University requirements
- The student did not meet the proper prerequisites for the course
- The student is receiving a poor grade because of difficulties with the course material or is under a heavy course/work load
Submit an Enrollment Exception Request on Student Access. No Enrollment Exception Requests may be submitted after Week 10.
How to ADD or DROP a Humanities Class
|Weeks 1-2||Use WebReg to add or drop courses||Courses listed on the Schedule of Classes with a B or X restriction require an authorization code from the instructor|
|Weeks 3-10||Exceptions require dean's approval to add or drop. Supporting Documentation and Documentation Cover Sheet regarding extenuating circumstances must be dropped off at HIB 143 or emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org||