Speak Test Registration Agreement
To register for the SPEAK test, you must do the following:
Read and agree to the terms and conditions listed below.
- Choose only one of the available sessions.
- Provide ALL OF the information requested on the registration form (you will be taken to the registration form upon agreeing to the terms and conditions below). This includes your First Name, Last Name, mailing address, phone number, UCI email address, and your School or Department.
- Pay the $70 fee to the Campus Cashier's Office (in the Administration Building) by the Friday before the test (your registration will be dropped if the fee is not paid within this time frame). Checks should be made payable to "UC Regents". If mailing payment, send to: UCI Cashier's Office, 228 Administration Building, Irvine, CA 92697-1975. You cannot pay for the SPEAK test through your Zot Account, you must make a separate payment.
- DO NOT PAY before completing registration online, or if you are on the waiting list. Payment is not the same as registering.
- Registration is completed when you receive an email confirmation of the session for which you have registered.
Terms and Conditions
- I am currently a graduate student at UC Irvine.
- I agree to submit payment in the amount of $70 to the UCI Cashier's Office by the Friday before the test.
- I understand that my registration will be dropped if payment is not received within this time frame, and I will have to re-register.
- I understand that I may sign up for only ONE (1) of the available sessions.
- I understand that I must fill in ALL requested information on the registration form. This includes full name, phone number and UCI email address.
- I understand that I may not be assigned to the test session I select, based on the order my registration is received due to the limit of 16 examinees per session.
- I understand that I will forfeit the test fee if I do not show up to take the test at the assigned time. Cancellation at least 3 working days prior to the test will result in a refund of all but a $10 administrative fee. Emergency situations will be handled on a case-by-case basis and will require documentation of the nature of the emergency.
- I understand that I will not be admitted late to the test center and will arrive at least 10 minutes prior to the test session.
- I understand that I must show a photo ID and Cashier's receipt in order to check in for the test session. If my photo ID is other than a UCI student ID card, I must bring proof of enrollment at UCI.
- I understand that scores will be available through my department Student Affairs Officer. The Humanities Studio is responsible only for test administration and not for the scoring or distribution of scores.