About Humanities Studio
Our Services Include:
Tech Support - The Computer Consulting Office student staff provides first tier tech support for all of the humanities faculty and staff. Any issues they are unable to resolve are forwarded on to full time computing staff. Please call (949) 824-7609 for help.
Scanning - Humanities faculty, instructors, and staff can have both text and images scanned by CCO staff. The request can generally be completed within 24-48 hours after receiving the documents for small jobs. Requests to scan more than a few pages may take up to a week. We limit the number of pages we will scan for an individual job to 50 pages. If you want the scanned images burned to a CD, please provide your own blank CD.
Conversion - Converting documents from Mac formats to Windows/PC formats and vice versa, or between applications can typically be completed within a 24 hour to 48 hour period.
Printing - Laser printing is available in all of our computer labs using OIT print cards.Equipment Check Out -- The following equipment is available to faculty and staff. Please email Arianne if you would like to check anything out.
- Flip Video Camera - (1) - 60 minute recording time
- Sony Handycam - (2)
- Tripods for use with camcorders - (2)
- Multi-region DVD Player Pioneer DV-393 - (1) - Multi-region DVD player that will play all regional DVDs (Regions 0-6)
- Multi-Standard VCR AIWA AGW1 - (1) - Used to play videos in other than US-standard. (NTSC is US standard. Other standards include PAL and SECAM and other variations.)
- VCR Standard American (NTSC) - (1) - Kodak Ektagraphic IIIB Projector includes lens, power cord (+extension cord), and carousel Availability Can be taken to any location on campus. Must be picked up from and returned to the Humanities Studio by instructor (or designated student)
- Slide Projector Kodak Ektagraphic IIIB - (1)
- Laser Disc Player - (1)
Computing Service Requests
To speed processing, requests for services can be submitted electronically using the Service Request Form, and the materials can be dropped at the CCO during any open hours. To contact the Computer Consulting Office call (949) 824-7609.