Admission and ApplicationApplication Deadline: December 1, 2017
The application/admissions process occurs only once a year for Fall Quarter admission only via an online application. The online application is centrally run by UCI Graduate Division. Should any issues arise with the application, contact their office directly at GradAdmissionQuestions@uci.edu.Application Fees:
$105 US Citizens, US Permanent Residents
$125 International Residents
Applicants must have earned a BA, BS, MA or equivalent degree in any discipline in the humanities, arts or social sciences.
To be admitted formally into the doctoral program, students must satisfactorily pass a department evaluation at the end of their first year of study; this includes students who entered with an M.A. from another institution.
The Program in Culture & Theory requires the submission of the following materials, in addition to the UCI graduate application, in order your application to be considered complete. All materials must be received by the application deadline, including letters of recommendation. There will be no upload option with the online application.
- GRE scores (Electronic Submission)
- Official Transcripts of All College Level Work (Submission by Mail)
- One copy of TOEFL scores (Electronic Submission)
- This applies only to International applicants from countries where English is not the primary language.
- Three Letters of Recommendation (Electronic Submission)
- Letters of Recommendation can be submitted online through the application system or sent directly to the Program.
- One Writing Sample (Email Submission)
- No more than 20 pages in length.
- Any paper or essay from a university or college course is acceptable.