Welcome to the Program
Visual Studies draws from a number of disciplines to explore the meanings, practices, and processes of looking and imaging across historical periods and diverse cultures. Visual Studies is inclusive and broad-ranging both in its methods and approaches and in its objects of inquiry, which include digital technologies, photography, film, painting, . . .
News and Announcements
- "VS alumna Cindy Urrutia mounts year-long program on "Native Communities: Tradition and Innovation" at CSU Fresno".
- Professor Catherine Liu discusses "America's Growing Anti-Intellectualism" on Wisconsin Public Radio
- Professor Catherine Liu interviewed by the Harvard Political Review: "A departure from the truth"
- VS alumna Vanessa Schulman wins book prize from the International Committee for the History of Technology
- Professor Sohail Daulatzai is author of Fifty Years of The Battle of Algiers: Past as Prologue