Click on one of the bullet items to get more information:
- If you have general questions about admission to UCI please go here.
- If you need specific advice about how your high school or community college coursework will be counted towards your UCI degree or similar kinds of questions you should try this page or you can contact the School of Humanities Counseling staff directly at this page.
- If you have questions specifically about the English department (the nature of the courses we offer, research opportunities, what you can do with an English degree and so forth) then please contact the Undergraduate Chair, Rebecca Davis (email@example.com).
- If you want to find a particular professor’s office hours click here.
- If you have questions of a technical nature about University, School or Major requirements (e.g. “do I really need this prerequisite to take this course?”; “what courses can I take to meet the foreign language requirements?”; “how do I get the right credit for the courses I took during my semester abroad”) then you should contact the School of Humanities Academic Counselors office.
- If you have questions regarding the BA in English for Future Teachers, please contact Rebecca Davis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- If you are a currently enrolled English or Literary Journalism major and have questions that would be best addressed by a faculty member (e.g. “I’m interesting in becoming an English teacher; what courses should I take?”; “I loved my most recent English class and I’d like suggestions for related coursework that would help me continue to think through the issues it raised”; “I’m wondering about whether to pursue a graduate degree in English, but I’m not sure if that’s a realistic goal or how to go about it”) you should feel free to ask any of the professors you have met through your classes for advice. If you’re unsure about who to approach you can use this form to request an appointment with a member of the faculty advising panel.
- If you are an Undergraduate student who needs help with your writing you should contact the Center for Excellence in Writing and Communication. If you are a graduate student who needs help with your writing you should contact Graduate Division Writing Consultants. If you have questions about Writing 39 A, B and C or Writing 37 please contact Robert Escalante at (email@example.com and 949-824-6717).
- If you have complaints or concerns about our major or our courses (e.g. difficulties getting into the courses you need; concerns that you have been treated unfairly by your instructor or your TA; topics you feel are underrepresented in our course offerings) please don’t hesitate to bring them to the attention of the Undergraduate Chair or to the Department Chair.
• If you are an employer with a job or internship that might interest our majors or graduate students please contact Chad Horn.