Humanities Grading Option Policies & FAQs for Spring 2020HOW DO I CHANGE THE GRADING OPTION TO PASS/NO PASS?
In order to change your grading option, you need to submit an Enrollment Exception Request on Student Access by Friday, June 5, 2020 at 5pm (Friday of Week 10). The $3 fee normally charged for this request will be waived. After Friday, June 5 at 5pm, the grading option cannot be changed.
WHAT COURSES MAY BE TAKEN FOR PASS/NO PASS?
In addition to all courses normally allowed to be taken on a Pass/No Pass basis, Humanities students are permitted to also take major courses and the School of Humanities requirements for Pass/No Pass in Spring 2020. This includes:
- Humanities Core 1C and 1CS
- Courses for the Humanities Core Alternative
- 2C level language courses and Greek and Latin 104
Note: Courses taken for P/NP in Spring 2020 will not count against the total number of Pass/No Pass or Pass/No Pass Only courses allowed (please refer to the General Catalogue for the original policy).
WHAT COURSES *CANNOT* BE TAKEN FOR PASS/NO PASS?
The Pass/No Pass option will NOT be approved in the following instance:
- If you are retaking a course you previously took for a letter grade. You cannot repeat a letter grade for Pass/No Pass.
Please see the infographic below to assist in your decision making process. Remember, you must earn a grade of “C” or better to receive a “Pass” and earn credit for a course. A grade of “C-“ or below is considered a “No Pass” and you will be not be able to use the course to meet degree requirements.
Here are other resources you may find helpful:
- The Registrar’s Pass/No Pass FAQ site: www.reg.uci.edu/addl/faq_covid_pnp.html
- The GPA Calculator in Student Access: www.reg.uci.edu/access/student/welcome/
The deadline to change the grading option is FRIDAY, JUNE 5 at 5pm.