About the Department
Since its inception in 1975 as the center of feminist scholarship and teaching at UC Irvine, the Department of Gender & Sexuality Studies has been dedicated to the interdisciplinary study of gender and sexuality in their complex articulations with systems that differentiate races, ethnicities, socio-economic classes, religions, and nationalities. The Department draws critical attention to “gender” and “sexuality” as concept-terms that necessarily invoke multiple systems of oppression, inequality and privilege, and which engender various forms of embodiment, desire, subjectivity, knowledge and politics. We look at masculinities and femininities not as . . .
News and Events
- Graduate Feminist Emphasis Open House 2020
- September 30, 2020
GSS FALL OPEN HOUSE for Current and Prospective Majors and Minors
- Professor Michele Goodwin 2020-2021 recipient of the Distinguished Senior Faculty Award for Research
- Dr. Brittnay Proctor-Habil featured in Hyped on Melancholy
- Coronavirus Updates for the UCI Community
- Dr. Michele Goodwin featured on Ms. Magazine Podcast!