- February 21, 2020
Poetics/history/Theory: Imagining Archives: A Symposium
- April 24, 2020
Transnational Equivalences and Inequalities
- May 28, 2020
Ken Liu, author, editor, and translator: public reading
News and Announcements
A Statement From the Department of English
The UC Irvine English department stands against the politics of bigotry and willful ignorance. As citizens and educators, our faculty are committed to opposing the normalization of these ideas and to defending the people most threatened by their material impacts. The department pledges to act in solidarity with students who are targets of persecution, and will refuse to comply with any institutional policy or action that explicitly enacts or tacitly enables such persecution.
- New book by Roderigo Lazo celebrates the multi-lingual history of Philadelphia
- Exhibit on objects saved from the dead curated by UCI lecturer in English Lorene Delany-Ullmann
- New volume edited by Jonathan Alexander explored the economics of sci fi
- Radha Radakrishnan wins award from South Asian Literary Association
- Announcing New Internship Program for English Majors!