- April 24, 2020
[Cancelled] Transnational Equivalences and Inequalities
- May 28, 2020
Ken Liu, author, editor, and translator: public reading
News and Announcements
The UCI English Department is a diverse and thriving community made up of over forty full-time faculty, almost 100 graduate students, dozens of lecturers, and eight staff. Our faculty are academics, novelists, poets and journalists who have together won numerous awards and distinctions. Those include two Pulitzer Prizes, one National Book Critics Circle Award, the Charles Moran Award for Distinguished Contributions to the Field of Computers and Writing Studies, the Arthur Miller Prize, the Paul Robeson Award for Artistic Excellence and multiple Guggenheim, ACLS, and Fulbright Fellowships. We are one of the strongest departments at UCI: U.S. News and World Report ranks our PhD program the highest on the campus and our prestigious MFA program is consistently ranked one of the best in the nation. The English Major is the largest in the School of the Humanities and we host a Literary Journalism Major and a Creative Writing minor as well. And in addition to housing a field-leading Rhetoric and Composition Program, we administer the campus-wide Composition Program, which employs close to 100 lecturers and TAs and offers hundreds of Lower Division writing sections yearly.
- New book by Roderigo Lazo celebrates the multi-lingual history of Philadelphia
- Exhibit on objects saved from the dead curated by UCI lecturer in English Lorene Delany-Ullmann
- New volume edited by Jonathan Alexander explored the economics of sci fi
- Announcing New Internship Program for English Majors!
- Revisiting Medieval Times: A Profile of Prof. Rebecca Davis