General Overview of the Chinese Language Program
The following four are the principles of our lower-division
Chinese language classes:
(1) Innovative approach with emphasis on the four fundamental skills of listening,
speaking, reading and writing.
(2) Taught in Mandarin Chinese whenever possible, using the Pinyin system of Romanization and full form characters.
(3) Weekly quizzes, weekly homeworks, essays, midterm, oral interview, skit, group activities and final exam.
(4) Classroom activities include open discussions, debates, presentations, skits, game playing, movie watching, and field trips.
1. 1st Year: 350 to 400 students per year
2. 2nd Year: 150 to 200 students per year
3. 3rd Year: 50 to 100 students per year
Return to Chinese Program Homepage
Return to EALL Home Page
Return to UCI Home Page