Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows - due March 14
Department: Humanities CommonsPost Date: January 16, 2018
Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows Competition for Recent PhDs
ACLS invites applications for the eighth competition of the Mellon/ACLS Public Fellows program. This year, the program will place up to 25 recent PhDs from the humanities and humanistic social sciences in two-year term staff positions at partnering organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Fellows will participate in the substantive work of these organizations and receive professional mentoring. ACLS seeks applications from recent PhDs who aspire to careers in administration, management, and public service by choice rather than circumstance. Competitive applicants will have been successful in both academic and extra-academic experiences.
- Stipend: $67,500 per year, with health insurance coverage for the fellow, a relocation allowance, and up to $3,000 in professional development funds over the course of the fellowship
- Tenure: Two years; start date on August 1 or September 1, 2017, depending on the fellowship position
- Applications will be accepted only through the ACLS Online Fellowship Application system (ofa.acls.org ). The system will open on January 4, 2018. Please do not contact any of the organizations directly.
- Application deadline: March 14, 2018, 9pm EDT
- Notification of application status will occur by email starting late-May 2018.