Your friendly neighborhood Spider-Man is still struggling with his personal life and his newfound powers. He is further drawn to M.J. but knows their relationship puts her in danger. He is friends with Harry Osborn whose hate for Spider-Man grows everyday. Even Aunt May has fallen on hard times since the death of Uncle Ben. However, his biggest challenge arrives in the form of a mad scientist named Dr. Octopus who is terrorizing the city with his deadly bionic tentacles. – www.swank.com
Directed by Sam Raimi
2004, USA • 127 minutes • 35mm
Special Stan Lee Event
Social Science Hall 100 • 6pm
Tickets for the Stan Lee event are sold out but there may be standby tickets available during the evening of the event.
The Film and Video Center and Film and Media Studies Department at UC Irvine is proud to welcome Marvel Comics creator Stan Lee, who will give a discussion before a screening of Spider-Man 2 on 35mm.
The discussion will take place in Social Science Hall 100 at 6pm.
The Spider-Man 2 screening will take place at the usual Film and Video Center screening room, Humanities Instructional Building 100 (Lucille Keuhn Auditorium).
• Tickets will be available for purchase at Humanities Instructional Building 235 from 1-5pm, Monday- Friday, beginning Friday, April 25. Cash only.
• Ticket Prices: $5 UCI students, $6 UCI faculty/staff, seniors, $7 other students, $10 general
• Separate admission for the screening of Spider-Man 2 is available at regular FVC rates:
$3 all students, $4 UCI faculty/staff & seniors, $5 general
• A limited number of tickets for this event are available on a first come first serve basis.
• There will be standby tickets available on the evening of the event.
• The standby and entrance lines begin at 5pm.
• There is no assigned seating.
• Quarter, year or other passes will not be accepted for this event.