Installing Japanese fronts in Windows XP
1. Go to Start > Control Panel > Regional and Language Options
2. Click on the Languages tab
3. Make sure that there is a check in the checkbox for "Install files for East Asian Languages"
4. Still in the Languages tab, click on Details...
5. Under the Settings tab > Installed Services, click on Add
6. Select Japanese from the Input Language droplist box and click OK
7. Keep clicking OK until you are out of the Regional and Languages Options
8. Open a new documents in Word from Microsoft Office
9. You should see the letters EN on the taskbar, near the clock (right side)
10. Click on EN and choose the Language bar
11. Choose Japanese in the Language bar
12. Change "A" to "Hiragana"