- November 22, 2017
Professor Kavita Philip (History) on "Databases as Politics: Reflections on Science and Technology Studies in South Asia"
- November 27, 2017
Venezuela, What Everyone Needs to Know
- November 29, 2017
DH Technology Skill Share
- December 13, 2017
Workshop on Canvas
- NEH Collaborative Research Grants due Dec 6
- Scholarly Editions and Translations Grants due Dec 6
- ACLS Digital Expansion Grants due January 10, 2018
- Medical Humanities Initiative faculty grants due Jan 21, 2018
- Grad Student Research Grants (Humanities Commons) due Feb 1, 2018
- NEH Public Scholars grants due Feb 7, 2018
In the humanities, we often identify research with the solitary process of writing rather than with a longer cycle of ideational development that involves research exchange (conferences, symposia, reading groups, experimental teaching), the iterative crafting of compelling project statements (for grants, book proposals, and presentations), and dissemination (in scholarly and public settings and on a range of platforms). Fostering the research life-cycle is at the core of the Humanities Commons’ mission. Research Plus, our theme for 2017-2018 as well as a collaboration among 8 UC Humanities Councils, will strengthen and make visible the School of Humanities’ thriving research culture.