Graduate Student GrantsAs part of its mission to promote the development and dissemination of scholarship, the Humanities Commons awards grants to School of Humanities faculty and graduate students to support research, conference travel, publication subvention and conference planning. Grants are awarded twice a year in fall and spring quarters. The Humanities Commons' internal grant streams are funded through the Academic Senate (CORCL), the UCI Office of Research, and the UC Humanities Network.
Graduate Student Grants1) Collaborative Conferences (CLOSED) - Deadline: N/A
Description2) Individual Graduate Research (open) - Deadline: 2/1/2017
Graduate Student Collaborative Conference Grants were awarded in Fall 2017. The next grant round will be held in Fall 2018.
Call Date: 9/1/2017
Graduate students in the UCI School of Humanities who have achieved candidacy are eligible to apply for Individual Research grants (max award $3,000) through the Humanities Commons. Grant funds may be used for research travel, such as flights, ground transportation, and lodging; archival and copying fees; and other research expenses, such as translation or transcription. Grant funds may not be used to pay for summer living expenses, language study, travel to a conference, food or per diem while traveling, or equipment.
Narrative Description (two page maximum):
Project Budget (one page maximum):
- Please provide a description of your dissertation project, what you plan to accomplish with the grant funds and how these activities are necessary to your dissertation project.
Letter of Support from Dissertation Advisor or Faculty Supervisor:
- Please provide a list of all project expenses, identifying which expenses will be paid by the grant and which expenses will be paid by other funds. Please list other funds – both received and pending – that will be used for this project.
- A letter of support from the appropriate faculty member indicating support for the application, including the significance of the project and why these activities are necessary to complete the dissertation, should be sent directly to Amanda Swain at email@example.com by February 1, 2018
Questions? Please contact Amanda Swain, Executive Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 824-1948.
Applications must be submitted electronically by Friday, February 1, through EEE Scout.
1. Log into the Grad Student Research Grants application form to submit the application:
2. Enter the following information directly into the online form:
o Year in program
o Project title
o Total amount requested
3. Upload a single PDF of the project narrative and itemized budget.
4. Click “Save” to save your submission and review or complete at a later date.
5. Once you have completed your online application form, click “Submit Response” to submit the application. Application forms cannot be changed once they have been submitted.
6. EEE Scout does not send an email confirmation. Go to https://scout.eee/uci.edu and click on “Review My Submissions.” The Graduate Student Research Grants form should show as submitted (not saved) in this list.
Doctoral students in the UCI School of Humanities who have achieved candidacy. Graduate students may receive only ONE Individual Research during their graduate studies.
Call Date: 12/7/2016