Ways to Give
Annual gifts to the School of Humanities are a very important source of support for the School of Humanities because they may be used immediately to further enhance the School’s mission. These gifts are not endowed and thus fully expendable in the year that they are made providing discretionary funds that are used for meeting a wide range of Humanities needs.
Friends of Humanities
Friends of Humanities serves as a recognition group to thank those alumni and friends of the School who give annually to support students, faculty, and programs at the $250 level or above.
Friends of Humanities Receive:
• Invitations to School of Humanities receptions and special programs featuring noted faculty, alumni and guest speakers.
• Preferred seating at presentations and special events.
• Invitations to quarterly Friends of Humanities events.
Dean’s Advisory Council
A unique council dedicated to advancing humanities education and scholarship.
Members of the Dean’s Advisory Council are involved in promoting the mission of the School through their leadership, financial support and service to the Humanities. Council members
facilitate relationships among community members in Orange County and encourage support of the Humanities. The Advisory Council also encourages collaboration between and among corporate, non-profit and educational organizations.
In addition to the benefits that come from being a Friend of the Humanities, DAC members meet quarterly at evening Salons, intimate gatherings at a member’s home, to engage with
Humanities faculty and other guests. The opportunity for informal exchange with our internationally renowned faculty--among them prize-winning writers, philosophers, critics and historians--gives members a taste of the stellar educational opportunities available to our students.
To make a gift online visit: www.uadv.uci.edu/SchoolOfHumanities
Your support makes a difference
- Contributes to graduate fellowships and undergraduate scholarships yearly.
- Supports the UC-wide Education Abroad Program, offering our students the life changing opportunity to study abroad.
- Funds schoolwide efforts to bring distinguished scholars to campus.
- Augments funds designated to sponsor student conferences, international film festivals, alumni panels, book signings with award-winning authors and community lectures.